Central Railroad Station Building
After the old Army Arsenal was torn down, on the site where it had stood, the Railroad Station was built in 1912. This one substituted the old Villanueva train station, located on the lot occupied today by the Capitol.
Cuba had railroads since 1873 being one of the first countries in the world to do so. The building copies some features of the Spanish renaissance and it is the work of American engineers, architects and contractors.