Located in an old colonial house where the famous silversmith Gregorio Tabares lived and had his workshop since 1707, the House of Silversmith also hosts the Congregation of San Eloy Silversmiths, which gathers those who have this occupation at present.
An ancient three floor colonial residence, placed at El Puerto Avenue, in Havana, is the venue of the Rum Museum . Historians affirmed it was built in the 17th century (1772- 1780), and that it was owned by the Counts Mortera. Due to its historical values was declared Cultural Patrimony of Havana by the UNESCO in 1982.
The most ample collection of Cuban coins is exhibited in this museum, placed out of the old Monte Piedad, very close to the Plaza de Armas, downtown in old Havana.
In this a small house was born José Martí Pérez, Cuban National Hero and leader of the independence, one of the more outstanding personalities in the Spanish and Latin American literature in the 19th century. It is a museum since 1945, and it was declared National Monument in 1949.
The house belonged to Don Luis Chacon, three times Military Governor of Cuba. The building was finished around 1622, and is considered as the first one rebuilt at the square, in the 18th century majestic style, which prevails in the present environment of the place.
Thanks to its privileged location, in the Plaza de Armas, in the Old Havana, this institution inherited a Cuban tradition of the 18th century. It is characterized by an historical environment and an intense cultural and tourism life.
The Catalá, Sarrá and Co. society opened the drug store La Reunión in May 1853, at 41 Teniente Rey Street. It was one of the most elegant and prestigious pharmacies of Havana. At the beginning of 20th century it was considered second in importance world wide and the first in Cuba.
The number 311 of the narrow O’Reilly street, in Old Havana, reopened on March 16th, 2004. The house was rescued from ruins after a meticulous restoration work, and was turned into Víctor Hugo House-Museum, to honor the French writer, although he never lived or even travelled to Cuba.
The perfume is one of the Cubans' secular devotions. From the times when the grandmothers perfumed the wardrobes with tender mint and vetiver leaves and the families gathered in the interior patios under the aroma of the tropical plants. Perfume was a delicious resource in the middle of the Island's climate, where summer is a permanent season. That's why perfumes have a museum, near a quiet patio of a Seville ambiance, with a fountain, a small reservoir of water and a grapevine.
The building from 1678, former Real Academy of Medicine,Physics and Natural Sciences of Havana, became the museum since 1868. Some years later it had the first museum in Cuba, inaugurated in May 19th,1874, and sponsored by the Real Academy. It was also a convent of the order Agustinos, the first Anatomic Museum in the country and the first school of engineering in Cuba.