Buildings

Marquis de Aguas Claras' House

El Patio, the residence of the Marquis de Aguas Claras is placed in the Cathedral Square, in the heart of the Old Havana. This nice restaurant is placed in one of the most beautiful mansions of the 18th century, former residence of the Marquis of Aguas Claras.

Palacio Cueto

It was built in 1906 on designs by the architect Arturo Márquez.

Lonja del Comercio Building (Comerce Guild)

Open since 1909, the project was designed by the Valencian architect and sculptor Tomás Mur, winner of the contest that, to this end, had been announced since 1903.

Joaquín Gómez House (Florida Hotel)

It was the home of the rich Catalan slave owner Joaquín Gómez. Built in 1836, it opened up as hotel in 1885. It is inspired on the Palacio de los Capitanes Generales.

Conde de Villa Nueva House

In the 19th century, here lived Claudio Martínez de Pinillos, Count of Villa Nueva, well known public figure linked to the country’s economic boom.

Central Railroad Station Building

After the old Army Arsenal was torn down, on the site where it had stood, the Railroad Station was built in 1912.

Asturian Center Building

The Asturian Center opened up in this new see in 1927. Eclectic in style, the building has four storeys and as many towers.

National Capitol Building

In 1929 the lot, where the first railroad station in Havana had been built was occupied by the National Capitol, seat of the House of Representatives and of the Senate of the Republic.

Cuban National Bank Building

In 1901 the North American Trust Company began to operate as National Bank. In 1907 it moved into this new building on the corner of Obispo and Cuba streets.

National City Bank Building

Built in 1925 on the land formerly taken up by the Convent of Santa Catalina de Sena, it was one the strongest in the Cuban financial world.